Rss Feed
  1. And we are back! After a full week of getting some holiday time and a chance to re-visit the old Man-Bat serum I used some time ago to fight my beloved, it is time to get back on some beauty territory!
    Brace yourself for some lip balm excitement!

    As you have read in an earlier post about getting to know Black Widow Balm, I had ordered "Outsiders 3-Piece Sample Pack feat. Spell, Frida and Iron Maiden Color Balms" from the Black Widow Balm Etsy shop and I couldn't be any happier with these lip balms! 
    The "Outsiders 3-Piece Sample Pack feat. Spell, Frida and Iron Maiden Color Balms", contains 3 lip balms, Frida, which is a green forest colour balm, Spell, a deep lavender colour balm, and Iron Maiden, an iron gray lip colour balm; as an extra, I also received Calavera '12, a hot pink colour balm. All lip balms have a unique scent, corresponding to their "theme"; Frida has a distinct aroma from a blend of lavender, clove and pine oils, Spell gets its pleasing scent from a mix of lavender, black pepper and vanilla oils, Iron Maiden features a blend of basil, clove and pine oils and Calavera '12 has an aroma from a blend of raspberry, peppermint and nutmeg oils. So, when applying these balms, you also get an extra kick from the unique smell they have. 

    I love the texture of the balms, because they are light but amazing at keeping lips hydrated; the colours are sheer but you can apply as many coats as you want in order to get a more shining colour. Also, you can pair these shades with other lip products to create unique shades and endless lip colours. I have paired Iron Maiden with red lipstick to create a more deep, kind of burgundy shade and I've used Frida with a fuchsia lip gloss to get a more strange shade of pink. Calavera '12 is one balm that I like to use on its own because it works perfect with my lips, making them seem fuller and natural at the same time. Spell, with its great lavender colour is a balm that works great on its own, or paired with a pink lipstick in order to get a more purple lip colour. 
    Since I received these balms, I am excited every day to try something new with them, whether it is layering them with other products or wearing them on their own. I will definitely purchase other lip balms from Black Widow Balm in the future and I can't wait to see what new comes out!
     




    From left to right: Spell, Frida, Iron Maiden and Calavera '12.

    You are now leaving Gotham
    Black Widow Balm is the right place if you are looking for quality lip balms with a twist, offering a wide variety of cruelty-free products for you to check out! The "Outsiders 3-Piece Sample Pack feat. Spell, Frida and Iron Maiden Color Balms" is a great option if you want to try a few different shades, or want to make a gift to someone special which will blow them away! Fully hydrating with colours like no other, these balms sure are a big winner for every lip balm enthusiast!

    P.S. I have to thank the lovely Shareta, the genius behind Black Widow Balm, for sending me the extra Calavera '12 lip balm and for giving me the interview! Wish you all the best!


  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment