Rss Feed
  1. It is said that we are creatures of habit. We start adopting little things in our everyday life and turn them into a routine. When it comes to make-up, habits often translate to creating your own "makeup uniform". And I am all for a uniform because it comes with being a superheroine among a family of superheroes. And a uniform comes handy when you want to store your weapons or want some extra protection or just want to look "effortlessly" badass. And when you are next to Batman and Robin, a good uniform is essential.
    And let's face it, who doesn't want to look effortlessly badass?

    Let's talk about a product that is classic and pretty much part in every woman's make-up every once in a while, or in more often. Eyeliner! Winged eyeliner, cat-eye, there are many styles to try and for me the right eyeliner to make it all happen is Bobbi Brown's "Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner". This eyeliner gives you the look of liquid liner with the ease and feel of a gel formula, which makes thing less messy for you, unless you are a veteran of a liquid liner! To apply it, you will need a fine eye liner brush or and an angled eye brush, whichever suits you better. You will need to coat both sides of the brush head to get better results and it doesn't try immediately when you put it on, so you can minimize tiny mistakes.
    With a little bit of luck, there will no eyeliner mistakes!

    First time I applied the eyeliner, I put some extra amount on my angled brush and ended with a thick line that was too much for me; but I let it dry to see how it would turn out and it was just like I had applied a liquid liner. I applied the eyeliner a second time, careful not to overcoat the brush, and it went on really smooth and right on point; it didn't leave any crease or smear and stayed on for as long as five hours (and it would stay on longer but I had to remove my make-up after a late night meeting with Commissioner Gordon). Its packaging is simple but its content is what really matters. Also, there are a variety of shades for you to choose and create something a little different from the classic black cat-eye; I already have a little soft spot for "Sepia Ink", a rich brown shade, and "Cobalt Ink", a dark blue shade, but I will spend some more quality time with "Black Ink".



    You are now leaving Gotham
    This little jar of black may sound too deep for gals who stick to liquid liner but don't avert your eyes at once! Bobbi Brown's "Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner" is a marvelous eyeliner which gives what it says: easy gel application, liquid line finish and durability. Just grab a fine eye brush or angled brush and I think you will love  it!

    P.S. But now let's be honest, are you a liquid eyeliner gal or a gel eyeliner with a brush? How have you mastered the cat-eye? Also, someone told me that if you want your gel liners not to dry over time, be sure to store them upside down! 

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment